Inside Sales / Counter Sales
French Gerleman is seeking a Counter Salesperson to manage the counter at our Lenexa, KS location. This position reports to and communicates directly with the Branch Manager. This individual will manage the direct customer relationships on-premise at our sales counter and be the “go-to” resource that clientele look to for expertise and knowledge of all product lines. This individual will be responsible for all orders and returns that are processed at the counter. An individual who excels at working alone yet builds camaraderie with walk-in customers would be the ideal fit for this position.
- Services walk-in customers at the sales counter.
- Providing telephone support for Counter customers who call in.
- Keeping an accurate accounting of Counter orders and petty cash.
- Merchandising efforts at the counter (i.e. product displays, promotional materials and programs, etc.)
- Backing up Inside Sales as the need arises.
- Working in the warehouse as time allows.
- Managing virtual client inventory shelves at client locations.
- Customer event coordination and marketing as needed.
- Must enjoy direct customer contact and working with people.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of electrical construction products.
- Needs the ability to find “add-on” sales at the Counter.
- Must be able to multi-task and change direction at a moment’s notice.
- Must have strong follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401K (Company match contributions and annual profit-sharing plan)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Services
- Critical Illness
- Life Insurance
- Dependent Care/FSA
- Remote and In-person (socially distanced) interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided and/or required.
- Daily temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
French Gerleman is a fifth-generation family-owned distributor founded in 1914, incorporated in 1923, with roots within the electrical industry back into the late 1800’s. We specialize in providing profit-boosting automation, electrical supply, data communications, power transmission, safety products, and clean energy products to customers regionally, nationally, and internationally. Our dedicated team provides innovative product and supply chain solutions to support industrial, commercial, contractor, and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) businesses and institutions.
Headquartered in St. Louis, MO, we have regional operations centers in Kansas City, KS; Quincy, IL; Columbia, MO; Springfield, MO; and Washington, MO. We are featured in the St. Louis Business Journal's annual list of Top 150 Privately Held Companies and, and in 2019 we were awarded the Family Business Award from Small Business Monthly.
Applied Technologies, a subsidiary of French Gerleman, was founded in 1981 to assist with the Company with Automation Engineering Services. In 1996 Applied shifted its focus to the evolving market of Ethernet networking on the manufacturing plant floor. In 2007, Applied began expanded its offering joint technology products and services in turn-key Automation, Network, and Datacenter projects.
Connect with us on Social Media!