Inside Sales / Counter Sales Representative
French Gerleman is seeking an experienced Inside Sales/Counter Sales Professional in Washington, MO. This position reports and communicates directly with the Branch Manager.
The right individual will be able to manage direct customer relationships on a daily basis. They will be responsible for all orders that are processed. Someone that can work alone but enjoys a team atmosphere as well would excel in this position. This person will be the “go-to” resource that customers will rely on for expertise and knowledge of all product lines. This person will be an integral member of the branch staff. Preferred Class-E driver’s license and must be able to do general warehouse support.
- Servicing our walk-in customers at the sales counter.
- Providing telephone support for Counter customers who call in.
- Keeping an accurate accounting of Counter order paperwork and petty cash.
- Merchandising efforts at the counter, for example, products displayed, promotional materials and programs, etc.
- Backing up Inside Sales
- Various warehouse responsibilities
- Making deliveries on a sporadic basis.
- Must enjoy direct customer contact and working with people.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of electrical construction products.
- Needs the ability to find “add-on” sales at the Counter.
- Must be able to multi-task and change direction at a moment’s notice.
- Must have strong follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401K (Company match contributions and annual profit-sharing plan)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Services
- Critical Illness
- Life Insurance
- Dependent Care/FSA
- In-Person/Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided and/or required.
- Daily temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
French Gerleman is a fifth-generation family-owned distributor founded in 1914, incorporated in 1923, with roots within the electrical industry back into the late 1800’s. We specialize in providing profit-boosting automation, electrical supply, data communications, power transmission, safety products, and clean energy products to customers regionally, nationally, and internationally. Our dedicated team provides innovative product and supply chain solutions to support industrial, commercial, contractor, and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) businesses and institutions.
Headquartered in St. Louis, MO, we have regional operations centers in Kansas City, KS; Quincy, IL; Columbia, MO; Springfield, MO; and Washington, MO. We are featured in the St. Louis Business Journal's annual list of Top 150 Privately Held Companies and, and in 2019 we were awarded the Family Business Award from Small Business Monthly.
Applied Technologies, a subsidiary of French Gerleman, was founded in 1981 to assist with the Company with Automation Engineering Services. In 1996 Applied shifted its focus to the evolving market of Ethernet networking on the manufacturing plant floor. In 2007, Applied began expanded its offering joint technology products and services in turn-key Automation, Network, and Datacenter projects.
Connect with us on Social Media!