French Gerleman is searching for Warehouse Associates responsible for picking customer orders, breaking down inbound/outbound shipments, and putting them in the correct area with great attention to detail. This individual will also be responsible for assisting with cycle counting and inventory management.
- Obtains merchandise from bins or shelves
- Picks customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Maintains acceptable efficiency rates of both quantity of products pulled as well as accuracy
- Maintains bin/shelf integrity by keeping pulling areas clean of debris (empty cartons, box tops, etc) and by keeping product organized on shelf
- Ensures orders are staged properly
- Assists with daily scheduled cycle counts and audits
- Helps to maintain clear, concise, and detailed records of all counting activities
- Provides assistance to warehouse operations as needed, including pick/pack activities, location replenishment, and machine operation (fork-lifts, etc.)
- Minimal Assistance with deliveries may be possible
- Assists in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate fork-lift and other material handling equipment (training will be provided as necessary)
- Attention to detail with good communication skills
- Ability to perform in a team or group environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401K (Company match contributions and annual profit-sharing plan)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
French Gerleman is a fifth-generation, family-owned distributor founded in 1923. We specialize in providing profit-boosting automation, electrical supply, data communications, power transmission, safety products, and clean energy products to customers regionally, nationally, and internationally. Our dedicated team provides innovative product and supply chain solutions to support industrial, commercial, contractor and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) businesses and institutions.
Headquartered in St. Louis, MO, we have regional operations centers in Kansas City, KS; Quincy, IL; Columbia, MO; Springfield, MO; and Washington, MO. We are featured in the St. Louis Business Journal's annual list of Top 150 Privately Held Companies and, and in 2019 we were awarded the Family Business Award from Small Business Monthly.
French Gerleman offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, along with an exceptional retirement savings plan.