Warehouse Associate / Picker / Packer
Saint Louis, MO
Are you currently working for a Dot Com warehouse not earning the type of money you would like? Would you like to work for a family-owned company with a union warehouse that guarantees two wage increases each year, a warehouse bonus system paid twice a year, strong company health benefits, and a 401K retirement program? If so, submit your qualifying resume today!
We are looking for skilled warehouse workers to join our 2nd shift team. This role will be responsible for filling customer orders and delivering them to the delivery platform in a manner that meets Company standards for safety, security, and productivity. Responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled.
- Receives orders using and RF Gun from Warehouse Supervisor and reads order to ascertain catalog number, size, color, and quantity of merchandise.
- Obtains merchandise from bins or shelves using a bar-coded system.
- Picks customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
- Maintains acceptable efficiency rates of both quantity of products pulled as well as accuracy.
- Maintains bin/shelf integrity by keeping pulling areas clean of debris (empty cartons, box tops, etc.) and by keeping product organized on shelf.
- Carries or transports orders to shipping locations or delivery platforms with materials handling equipment, ensuring orders are staged properly.
- Operates any materials handling equipment safely and efficiently as required.
- Maintains material handling equipment by noting and reporting any damage or malfunction and connecting battery to recharging station at the end of shift.
- Assists in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse.
- To prove that you are detailed, please enter the word, "teamwork" in the appropriate area when applying.
- May assist in placing incoming items in inventory.
- May work additional hours to ensure the job assignment is complete.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
- Must be able to stand on their feet for 9 hours a day.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Some college education desired)
- Computer literate with experience using systems that support inventory management, as well as the Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail with good communication skills.
- Maintain a great attendance record and positive team attitude.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401K (Company match contributions and annual profit-sharing plan)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
What We Do
French Gerleman is a fifth-generation, family-owned distributor founded in 1923. We specialize in providing profit-boosting automation, electrical supply, data communications, mechanical power transmission, and safety products to customers regionally, nationally, and internationally. Our dedicated team provides innovative product and supply chain solutions to support industrial, commercial, contractor, and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) businesses and institutions.
Headquartered in St. Louis, MO, we have regional operations centers in Kansas City, KS; Quincy, IL; Columbia, MO; Springfield, MO; and Washington, MO. We are featured in the St. Louis Business Journal's annual list of Top 150 Privately Held Companies and, in 2016, was awarded their inaugural Family Business Award.
French Gerleman offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, along with an exceptional retirement savings plan.
French Gerleman is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required. Verification of citizenship required upon accepting employment. Candidates must comply with drug testing policies. We participate in E-verify which is a service of the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. See www.dhs.gov/E-Verify for additional information.